This is a blog about how I am manifesting my dreams to Travel the world. I will be showing my step by step process of this journey. From getting my passport for the first time, the outfits that I will be creating for my trips and so much more. I hope you join me!
I've been on a spiritual journey for a while, trying to find my purpose. While searching for my purpose, I tried many things to see if they fit. I have chosen several career choices, including graphic design, digital and contemporary art, nail tech, and esthetics. Even though I am good at a lot of the things that I do, none of it really gave me the fulfillment that I was looking for. Then, finally, one day it hit me: traveling is what moves me figuratively and literally. At 17, I joined the Army, hoping it would allow me to travel as I wanted. I was greatly disappointed; the only place I went outside of the great state of Texas (not really) was Missouri for basic training. After basic training, I went to AIT for my MOS, and that was in Fort Sam Houston, San Antonio, Texas, and for permanent party, I was stationed in Fort Hood, Killeen, Texas. They sent me back to the one place I did not want to be. I eventually got orders for Heidelberg, Ge...
4:56 am It is the day before I am supposed to leave on my true, real-life journey into the unknown. I am going somewhere I have never been before. You would think I would be excited, but all I want to do is cry. I am crying because I am grieving so many parts of myself that have stayed with me for such a long time. I am stepping away from so many things, so many titles I placed upon myself, and also the ones others placed upon me. To name a few: daughter, sister, friend, potential lover. But the biggest role of all... mother and caregiver. Most of these identities were simply given to me, and some I willingly participated in. But now, all of it is being stripped down to the bare bones. Who am I? At the core, I know who I am. On a microcosmic level, I Am that I Am. But that is not how this game is rigged, right? The avatar has to play its role. The avatar has been playing the role it was given since birth. So many of the roles I have played were written by others. Now it is finall...
I’m just going to get right to it. I joined the military for many reasons. Two major ones, but still, many reasons. One of them was the need to satisfy all my parents. I say “all” because I was adopted by my grandmother on my mom’s side and her husband, so, my grandparents. To make a long story short and give a little lore, depending on who’s telling it: according to my grandmother, my mom needed help, and that was the best option for her. But according to my mother, my grandparents just scooped me up to take care of me for the first few months so she could rest. My twin sisters were already six and a handful, and she was going to school for nursing while working as a CNA. Months went by. When my mom was ready for me, she called to see when she could get me back. That’s when my grandparents told her they had already gotten a lawyer and drawn up adoption papers; all she and my biological father had to do was sign. That, understandably, pissed my mom off… until she got on the phone with...
Comments
Post a Comment